Identity theft … it’s a billion dollar target for thieves.
It’s a billion dollar loss for the rest of us.
Fieldstone Credit Union provides our members with checking accounts access to comprehensive identity theft recovery services for a nominal monthly security fee of $1.95. Contact your local branch if you have questions concerning this fee.
Fieldstone Credit Union can provide you and your family with access to identity theft recovery services. If you suspect that your identity has been compromised in any way, call Fieldstone Credit Union at 815-929-1870. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Help you place “Fraud Alerts” with all three credit bureaus and with federal and local law enforcement agencies
- Coordinate with financial institutions, government agencies, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Send you Progress Reports throughout your Identity Restoration
- Confirm that your identity has been returned to your “Pre-Theft Status.” Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your accounts with Fieldstone Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Plus, the identity fraud recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members! (Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details.)
In addition, you have access to the following two services:
Lost Document Replacement
If you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, we can help! Just let us know and we will refer you to a professional Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – up to $10,000*
Expense Reimbursement Insurance is available to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered. For a list of complete terms and conditions for the Identity Fraud Recovery services, and to review the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage, please click here.
Need more coverage? Go to https://fieldstone.merchantsinfo.com/ to purchase additional services.
Services will be cancelled at the end of the month in which the Sponsor is notified that the Eligible Group member or Covered Group member has forfeited the benefit or at the end of the month following the 60-day period after the Sponsor has notified Covered Group members that the plan is cancelled, whichever is first.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.